Ok, so, I have been in a funk lately. I really don't like to be negative or say negative things or be a negative person. I really hate when I log onto facebook and there are all these people announcing to the world that they hate their life, its depressing. However, I do have "those" days.
I went a month with cruddy eating, no exercise (the weather doesn't help) and just feeling so yuck. I was starting to feel miserable. I didn't want to tend my mom and resented her for being sick and feeling angry at my side of the familly for not stepping it up and showing me and my mom any kind of support..I really wish they would do better but that is up to them. My kids and their needs needs needs..and my husband just trying to do the best he can to make sure everyone was alright just wasn't cutting it.
This week I decided I was going to change that and give myself that hour or two to breathe. It has help tremendously. On tuesday when Jason got home and after holding chan for two hours because he did nothing but cry,,there was nothing I could do to help him and my mom just complained non-stop about being in pain, I decided when he got there I was out the door. And that's what I did. I usually give him an hour or two to unwind and do what he needs to do but I didn't. I handed him the baby told him I would be back in an hour and I literally ran out the door. I went for a 3 mile run, I stretched, listened to loud music and got all my gitters out. I ate a good healthy meal when I got back..took a deep breathe and carried on with my day.
I have come to a conclusion that this is essential. For my overall health. I am a better mom a better caretaker and a better wife.
Soooo when I go back into my funk I am going to read this post..
So Tiff get your butt outside and run, stretch..take a deep breathe and carry on.
Amen.
3 comments:
I think I needed that too! Now that the kids are almost out of school I think each morning will be a trip to the park so I can run the path and they can ride their bikes or play!!!!
what a good perspective!! way to do something positive for yourself. and BTW you do have a lot on your plate.
fresh air is great therapy!
Post a Comment