Taking care of my mom consists of bathing, feeding, changing, lifting, pulling and rotating. Basically, she can do nothing for herself. So it is quite the task. However, I so enjoy doing it. The part that is hard is seeing her suffer. She is in so much pain that she has to take 60 mg's of Morphine a day. If there are any nurses that read this blog you know that is A LOT. It sickens me every time I hand her her meds because I know it is not good for her at all, but I also know that is the only thing that will ease her pain. So its very hard for me to see this strong woman whom I adore and look up to so weak and helpless.
On a positive note she has a great attitude. She is always making us laugh! She always takes time to say please and thank you. She is so polite and kind, even though it's difficult for her to move she makes sure she takes the time to play with the girls any chance she can. Like I said the medication she is on causes her to be extremely fatigued and not all there but she takes the time to be her fun ole self and I am grateful for that!
Thanks dad for doing all you do. I know it's difficult and hard on you but you do it and I appreciate it!! And you too Keetch thanks for being so good about having to take care of your sick mother-in-law! I love you guys

This is my mom back in July. She actually looks good in this picture believe it or not. She has gone down hill quite a bit since then and has asked me not to take pictures of her because she doesn't like how she looks.(I don't look glamorous either so I don't know what she's worried about) I think she looks great for the condition she is in, but she is hard on herself and she doesn't need to be.
Anyway I just wanted to introduce my mom to my blog. I probably wont be such a blog freak because I am busy, like right now I am typing this 200 wpm because I am short on time. I will try and keep it updated as much as I can..if anyone cares..ok bye
1 comment:
Your mom seems like a great woman. I too have a mother with her own health issues. And I know how it feels to take on that kind of responsibility, and still take care of your kids, husband, work, friends, and finally your SELF.
I commend you for doing that for her. It is something you both will always cherish. Your a good person.
P.S.
I e-mailed Brandon,and he said he'd help out with gathering pics too. And I did a little thingee for Ed today on my blog...just cause it totally fit with what happened!
Post a Comment