This year with the economy down and it seems everyone is down and depressed; I feel it is so important to use this year as a good excuse to teach my girls the true meaning of Christmas. I think I will get them a few cherished things that they really want, but they are going to learn to give something they really want to those who don't have a Christmas at all. My goal is also to take the time to teach them about The Saviors birth and how important it is and help them understand that its not all about the gifts.
Here is some footage of us getting in the Christmas spirit:

We found a tree..That's the one..Yes!

Got the tree home

Attempted to put it up with our crappy tree stand..Whew. Luckily, Keetch is over far enough that you didn't get a sneak peek of his bum crack..Be grateful.

(had to make some minor adjustments here. I made fun of Keetch's bum crack not realizing I had posted Brianna MY DAUGHTERS. Bum crack! I really am losing it)

(Also, this here is our finished tree not whatever I posted before..Just bare with me here)
And Wallah! Not too bad for having a bunch of little helpers!
Ok Grandparents please don't hurt me. The girls had a dance recital last week..Let me explain.
Alyssa was being a very naughty child at the dance recital. I made every effort to try and get one smidge of a picture but she would not allow that to happen. I ended up taking her out (kicking and screaming and what not) and putting her in the corner at the recital..lol..which was weird. So thus, no pictures, in fact I missed most of Tatum's cute little dance. Keeetch on the other hand got out the camera and taped them and did an ok job. I did attempt to upload the video onto the blog but it was a no go and I got very mad and almost threw the computer on the floor and then gave up..Soooooo, long story short, I did have professional pictures taken of the girls but they will not be here till the 29th. So sorry, but look forward to those pictures.
And Merry Christmas!!!
3 comments:
Tree looks GREAT!
Aww looks like you guys had fun getting the tree! I am jelous. We faked it this year. Nick is sad, cause he wanted to get a real one, but I took the easy way out. Next year. I swear.
I love the fact that you put Alyssa in the corner at the recital. That honestly made me laugh. I have done some silly things when Paige has acted out. I am gonna buy your parenting book. You are gonna write one right? : )
Of course its okay for you to leave a comment... I love when you do your so sweet. For some reason my blog had a glitch and there were multiple comments so they were deleted. I love your Christmas tree... I can't wait till Bradlee is older and we can do the whole Christmas tree event. Oh yeah... Brianna's butt crack is cute but... Keetch's... not so much. LOL
Post a Comment