Thursday, April 2, 2009

Happy Birfday Tatum!


( Note to self: Not the best baby picture of Tatum..gonna have to replace it when I get my old computer up and running..this will do for now )




It's great to be 8! My sweet little Tatum turned 8 today. I have yet another 8 year old. I cannot believe it. Mothers of young ones, they grow up fast, so cherish this time with them. I will probably end up with 10 kids just because I hate that the girls are getting so big..it really is sad..I wont know what to do with myself once they are grown..


Anyway back to Tatum. This year is a special year for Tatum. She is getting baptized next Saturday. She had her interview with the bishop and he said she passed the test and is ready to get baptized. He wanted to make it very clear that SHE was the one that wanted to get baptized and it wasn't my decision which I think is a great thing.


I could list a thousand things I love about Tatum, but I will keep it to a minimum:


"Tatum is unbelievably smart! Her sense of knowledge and understanding and willingness to learn blows me away." I wish I could take the honor of being the reason why she is this way, but I can't. She gets it from her dad and its just her personality. I remember when I had her in the hospital knowing there was something special about her I didn't know what it was I could just feel it and I am reminded of that daily as I watch her learn and grow."


Tatum is so funny. She is sarcastic and a smart allic. At times I probably shouldn't find it amusing but I can't help it.



Tatum is a great friend. She has a best friend from school named Aspen and she is moving this summer and Tatum bawled for days when she heard the news. Whoever is Tatum's friend is very lucky, she will be the best friend ever to them.


Tatum has a very kind heart. She will often come home with a piece of candy she got from school and she will save it just for Alyssa. It melts my heart when she does that. What kid passes up candy and gives it away to their little sister.


Tatum loves to do arts and crafts. Everything is always so creative. She also loves to write stories and they are really good. I could never come up with the stuff that she does.


Here is the best story she has ever written!







Boys already like Tatum ugh! She comes home upset because she can't understand why boys chase her around the playground or why this little boy named BEN ( I know all about you Ben you better watch it) talks to her in class while she is trying to do her work or why he gave her and only her 2 valentines day cards. She is a cute girl.


I love Tatum's attitude. Whenever I see someone being mean to her I start to feel myself turn 10ft tall and bullet proof but she handles it so well. She kind of just laughs it off like..oh who cares what you think..I know I'm awesome..I love that about her.




And last one..Tatum was the best baby..I know that sounds silly but the pregnancy her birth even when she was a newborn she was so easy. That's why I had Alyssa I figured I had this mom thing down pat, until I had Alyssa and that was a different story. I am so glad I have spent 8 years with Tatum and there are many more to go. She has made things so simple and easy for me and I love her to pieces.



Happy Birthday Tatum.. I love you lots lots lots!!




5 comments:

Christensen Family said...

Happy birthday Tatum.. my 8 year old is a boy magnet also. must be the spunky personality.

Anonymous said...

takes after her Grandpa J.

Al said...

Happy Birthday Tatum! She is so cute. They grow up way to fast!

The Davendorks said...

Happy Birthday Tatum! We love you too. I love Tatum's BIG smile and quick wit. she is always cracking me up. and she always speaks her mind. Love ya girl!

Jess said...

I'm late but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TATUM!!!!!!! Your adorable and are the sweetest thing in the world!!!