Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Birfday Brianna!

A Quick Happy Mom's Day to all the sweet little mom's out there. Happy Mother's Day Mom! Thanks for being such a good mom to me and staying my mom even when I was a hard child to be a good mother to. Love you.



Brianna is 10 years old toooday. I was laying in bed thinking, its hard for me to sleep in my condition, I'm so uncomfortable so I do a lot of starring at the wall thinking. So my thought process last night was...Brianna is now 10 in 3 years she will be a teenager (yikes) in 6 years she will be 16 (double yikes) and going to her first prom and operating a vehicle and possibly kissing boys yikes, yikes, yikes, yikes and I will be wiping her tears when she experiences her first heart break AND I have to talk to her about the big change girls do through here soon YIKES!!!. Can anyone relate to my panic here.

How did this sweet little baby turn into a 10 year old young lady. I vividly remember giving birth to this child at the ripe age of 18 and thinking and pleading with my father in heaven to help me be a good mother to her and not mess her life up. I look at her now and I know that I have been so blessed so far she has turned out so far beyond what I ever deserved in a daughter.. I couldn't be more grateful:)


It truly is amazing how fast they grow before I know it she will be graduating from HS and leaving me:(



Brianna has grown up so much this year. Having a conversation with her is like talking to a full grown woman. Although, I'm still a little girl myself its hard for me to mother such a mature, bright young woman, its sort of the other way around; I feel as though she mothers me she comes up with very wise advice. Brianna has been through so much in her little life and has handled it so well. She has not changed one bit she has stayed her bubbly little self. I was looking for something in her room the other day and I was amazed at how tidy she keeps it, everything is so organized, all her dirty clothes are in the hamper and her clothes are hung up in perfect formation. She does all this on her own. She has done fantastic this year in school and has made a lot of good friends and she is such a happy little girl.





When it came time to buying her gifts I was lost as to what to get her. She has outgrown Hannah Montana or has no interest in her anymore. No thanks to Barbies and littlest pet shop. She thinks cute little stuffed animals are lame. So you can see my dilemma here. She had asked a while back if she could have an Ipod. My first response was..That's completely ridiculous, no way will you ever get one of those unless you buy it yourself. I think it is so unbelievable when I see little 9 year old girls talking on their cell phone and I swore to myself my kid would never be one of them. But the dilemma here is that's really all she wants. She has a huge love for music so I let off my guard and let her have an Ipod Nano. You would think she got a new Mercedes. I took her yesterday to pick one out and I had to get a picture of her reaction she was beyond and I mean beyond happy, Her squeal was deafening! And for the record that was her only gift from Jason and I.


She then had a movie night with her best buds from school. She has the nicest friends, they all really support each other and really care about one another. That says a lot for GIRLS we all know how girls can be so I am so grateful she found these group of girls.
Happy Birthday Brianna, thank you so much for helping me grow up and helping me become a better person. You are my helper, my angel and my friend!
I love you so very much..



5 comments:

Christensen Family said...

wow you have had a lot of birfday's
fun.

Al said...

Happy Birthday Brianna! She is a cutie!

Jess said...

Wow, all the girls birthday's are so close! Tell that amazing little girl Happy Birthday. She truely is awesome!

Happy Mommy Day too!

Tara Hoppie said...

I am just catching up on blogs today, and I just read your shout out to me... you are so sweet! Thanks Tiff, I love you!

I loved reading all about your girls, your plants, Brianna's birthday, Alyssa's hiding place, and Keetch working in the yard while you take pics of him bending over:-) Too funny. I love your sweet family, and I miss hanging out with you. Let me know if you have some spare time and I will come over for a visit. Talk to ya soon!

Our Loved-up Family said...

Happy birthday Brianna! They do grow up so fast, I'm already having anxiety that Bevan will be 1 in 8 weeks. I love how you treasure each moment with your girls and husband:)