
2 years ago I moved to Salt Lake City upon request of Mr. Jason Keetch, the man I was dating at the time. I packed up and left Phoenix Az at 6 am went for a 12 hr drive with my 3 little kids (with help of my awesome brother) and arrived in SLC on June 15th 2007 at 6 pm that evening.
3 weeks later on July 4th 2007 during the grand finale of the Murry, Utah fireworks Mr. Keetch asked me to marry him, exactly 10 days later we were married. With a kid on the way, 1 dog, 3 very much older and mature girls and a now furnished house, here we are!

(I want to point out that Keetch is tearing up, too sweet!)
Lets face it. Those who know me best know what a simple person I am, perhaps, maybe a little too simple. I don't like big ordeals. I don't like the attention, the money spent, the stress. So when it came time to planning a wedding, uh, I went into a..can we get married in a year or so when I have everything figured out mode. I knew I loved Keetchy and I just simply wanted to be married to him. We emailed our bishop Friday evening and we were married that Saturday (July 14th) afternoon. To me that is how you get it done. No long hours planning, no invites, no stinkin' wedding dress, no food or cake or even flowers, in fact I can name off the top of my head who attended our wedding..James and Tosha Cordova (Tosha was the photographer..thank you Tosha) Rick and Krista Davenport along with new born baby Hannah, Grandma Sue and Brianna, Tatum and Alyssa and that's it.

The best part about our simple wedding was we got married in our current house. We have no plans on leaving this house and every time we walk into our living room we are reminded of our simple day and how happy and excited we were to just be married at last.

The girls were so excited for us as well. Right when it was over they ran and gave us the biggest hug. They knew we were happy and they were happy for us.


We ended our day with a fancy dinner at an Italian Restaurant and a overnight stay in Down Town Salt Lake. I thought it was a very special wedding. Our room was gorgeous and yes I have to include this because we had "robes" in our room, we couldn't get over the fact that we had our very own robes. Now that's spending the evening in pure Luxury! I also recall being very excited to go to Transformers that evening...so funny!

8 comments:
Congratulations! You have such a cute family! I am very happy for the both of you!
That is great. congrats. you guys have a cute family.
Wow! Your family is so sweet and beautiful. I can't believe how grown up the girls are. I really miss all of you and hope to hear from you soon. I still don't know how to post your blog on our wall but I would love to link them to stay in touch!
Love ya!
Julie
Happy Anniversary -
That is a really great story. Can't wait until Baby Keetch is born, you guys have lots of great things to look forward to. Tell Keetch hello
misty
I love love stories. Congrats you two! Keetch, you have done well. I'm proud of ya buddy!
You guys have the sweetest story! And I'm with you - simple is the way to go! Happy anniversary to you guys!
I loved that story. I'm like you, simple is better. we got married 49 days after our first date, we had no bridesmaids, a borrowed wedding dress = awesome!
Thats so awesome tiffany, you and your family our so addorable i can't wait to see your new family member, how are you guys doing we are good just running around after little andreya lol talk to you soon.
Post a Comment