Sunday, July 26, 2009


There hasn't been very much going on in the Keetch household. Just trying to stay as cool as possible. Been doing lots of BBqing and enjoying some yummy corn on the cob.
Our personal chef , chef Kam came by a day last week and made some delicious shish kabobs with the girls. They each got to make their own and they turned it into a learning center (with Kam being a teacher and all) so their Shish Kabobs turned into lovely patterns. They had meat, pineapple, onion, bell pepper..repeat, meat, pineapple, onion, bell pepper.






They turned out yummy, fancy and scrumptious..Thanks Chef Kam!
*******************************************************************


Now this is a whole other story. I have been skeptical about making this a post, but I think it needs to be recorded for my girls sake. Hopefully, when they get older they can look back and have some sort of healing process from this.
We were relieved to hear that the person responsible for killing the girls' father pleaded guilty and received 25 years to life in prison with no possibility of parole. For those of you who don't understand their dad was brutally murdered back in February of 08. Part of me feels like this is a small sentence and part of me is very grateful. I do feel justice has been served. I am also so grateful that there wasn't even a trial at all. He also may receive another 25 years on top of his sentencing for a kidnapping he did not too long before he committed this crime. So we just try to count our blessings.


The sentencing will take place August 21st. I cannot attend I will be so close to delivery by then that it would not be safe for me to travel there. The Judge in this case asked for a letter from Brianna that will be read in the court room on the day of the sentencing. I am so proud of her. She is just so amazing to me..

Dear Judge,
My mommy told me I had to write a letter to you, so here it goes. When I went to visit my daddy’s grave. I thought I don’t get to see him ever again but Chad Coker’s kids can, they can hear him, they can see him, he can tell them that he loves them but my daddy can’t tell me that. I’m always scared that you will let him out and he’ll find me and hurt me too. My daddy made me me, he (coker) took away the fun that me and my dad had together. If I had only one wish I’d wish my daddy would be here. My grandma Westover told me that I shouldn’t hate Chad Coker because he made my life harder because it will just make me stronger. So I don’t hate him, but I don’t love him either. But I know in my heart my daddy is still with me, but please don’t take it easy on him (chad) because he didn’t take it easy on me. If you went to my daddy’s funeral you would know that he was loved and that no one wanted him to go away. If he (chad) knew my daddy I know they could’ve been good friends but instead he killed him. I shouldn’t have to sit here and cry about it because my daddy should be here with me. I shouldn’t have to be writing this letter. I should be a happy little girl with my daddy still alive, but it gave me time to remember all the fun times I had with my dad, but that should’ve been in my 50’s because then I would know it was his time to go. I know now that he is in a happier place than I am. Please take this letter into consideration and serve me and my sister’s and my family justice.
May we all find peace through all of this.

5 comments:

Christensen Family said...

that is very touching. speechless

Soccer Mom said...

Kam is AWESOME!!!!

And, I am also speechless. I hope everyone finds peace.

Anonymous said...

I will be there.
DAD J

Al said...

Our thoughts and prayers will be with little Brianna. What a brave special little girl (they all are).
The food looks so yummy! Unfortunately, I am always about the food. Send Cam to our house next!

Sherami said...

Wow, Tiff. That had to be so hard for all you guys. I hope this brings some sense of peace to you all. Brianna is so brave; I sooo admire her courage! I'll keep you in my prayers!!!