Sunday, July 5, 2009

Havin' Fun In The Summer Sun





In my mom's neighborhood there is a community pool. When visiting Arizona it is very necessary that you swim on a daily basis if at all possible. So that is mainly what we did while we were there. We swam our little brains out. The girls would wake up in the morning and after breakfast that was the first thing they asked, when and what time are we going swimming? This is my favorite pastime of living in Az hanging out by the pool. I loved it.










The best part about the constant swimming was having very tired girls at bedtime. I had no problem getting them to sleep at night.





We also made sure we made a stop at Sunsplash. I remember going to sunsplash in my youth and having the best time. We took the girls there for the first time last year and I couldn't believe how much fun they had. So with summer here again they were anxious to get to Az get on those swimsuits and have a super time going down some massive slides. Here is Tatum and Brianna hiking up to the Blue lagoon. A very scary ride in my opinion.


I have made it known that Brianna is my daredevil child. This slide know as the "U" literally just drops you it reminds me of a half pipe type thing only you are in water and on a not so sturdy tube. My gosh Brianna. Looking at this picture I am grossed out to how brown the water is. Uh, eww.


This slide was Tatum's all time favorite she went down it a bazillion times. The water is gushing so fast you just fly down it and she very much enjoyed herself.



And Alyssa conquered the lillipads. Last year, not so good at it. This year she made it all the way across. She did this about 15 times that day. She was so very proud of herself.





Well I did what most mom's do. Made sure the kids were safe, waddled as fast as my chubby pregnant butt would allow me all over Sunsplash. I did splurge and talked the girls into going down the lazy river a time or two, which was nice and relaxing.



The lady to the left is hilarious! That's what I looked like at the end of the day.



I was a freak about sunscreen so we didn't get burned too bad for a bunch of honky white girls. Oh what a day and oh what fun. Thanks Trav for helping me that day.









No comments: