Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Fadders Day


I think Keetch had a Happy Fathers Day he seemed happy when the kids walked in the room with a giant poster we made for him. If there is one thing I know about the Keetchster is he loves his sweets.
When trying to come up with something creative to do for him for fathers day I was stumped. I knew it had to be cheesy and it had to involve sugar, the boy sweats and bleeds sugar, he claims that is how he keeps his sexy figure. So I went way back to the good ole high school days and made a Cheesy candy poster. The girls helped me write it and this is what it said:

On this Fathers Day we want you to know that you are a “smarties”, we know we can be a bunch of “Airheads”. From a planet next to the “milky way” but we do love you with “hugs and kisses”! You are our Hero! You’re like the “3 musketeers” wrapped up in one! We love to make you “Extra” Happy.

We know your Tiffy can be a “sour patch kid” that’s just fine because you have Brianna who is a “star burst” Tatum who is a “symphony” of happiness Alyssa who always makes you “snickers” , channing who is an Almond joy!..Skittles with her rainbow charm and Granny B cookie whom you take care of so well.

So Happy Fathers Day we love you to "Recess pieces"!


On a more serious side of things. We couldn't be more blessed. Jason has taken on more than anyone I have ever known would, and he has done it with no complaints. He has never made us feel like we are a burden to him. He went from zero to 3 in a matter of a day, and then 4 and now 5 (with my mom, and he wants more kids he's crazy I tell ya) and I say again never has he complained. When the girls lost their dad he was there to wipe their tears give them a hug, tell them he loves them and promised them he would always be there for them. What a guy. I couldn't ask for a better father for my daughters and our son. For that, I celebrate fathers day.


You can skip this but I wanted to record it for myself:

Other good examples of men in my life I have to mention my dad. He wasn't perfect but I always knew he loved me. He would coach my basketball league and he told me I sang pretty at his baptism, I was 10 years old and my voice cracked while belting my solo I ran off in tears and he let me know how much he appreciated my horrible singing..Thank you dad.

I was extremely ill for 3 weeks straight with an abscessed tooth when I was 16 years old. I did not think I was going to live through the night. Brother Smith came to my parents home at 10 o clock on a Friday evening and gave me a blessing. I felt the spirit so strong that I knew I would recover and I did the next day. Thank you Brother Smith for being my father for a night.

Brother Reed was my Pa on my very first youth pioneer trek. I was 15 years old, we were in our 3rd day into our trek. It was the middle of summer. I thought I was tough enough to handle bad weather if it arrived and it did, I didn't bring the appropriate clothing for bad weather. Brother Reed saw me next to the fire shivering and he took off his poncho and insisted I wear it. He put his arm around me and told me it was more important I stay warm, and he assured me he would be fine without it, he was worried if I got too wet I might end up sick and he didn't want that. I don't think Brother Reed knew how much that small gesture impacted my life but it did..Thank you Brother Reed.

Before I end up writing a book about Fathers Day, I want to end with this! I am so grateful for the good men that have made such a good impact in my life and especially my husband because he really has made the biggest and he is the bestest.!.

Happy Fathers Day to you all :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

YOu are a good wifey & now I really want a candybar. hmmmm. I loved your notes about your dad & other special men in your life.

So I want to hear your story sometime!!