Sunday, January 2, 2011

Such A Great Christmas..This year!


I have a million and one reasons why I loved Christmas this year! I really can't think of another Christmas in my adulthood that I have loved more. So excited to share it with whomever reads this. Don't be overwhelmed by the many pictures, I didn't want to leave out a thing! So picture enduring you must.

Anywho, this Christmas I have never felt so close to my kids, my husband and The Savior. The subject has become so sensitive to me that when I think of the Savior and His birth and suffering, I tear up. I could honestly never fully understand why so many people were so sensitive when they spoke of the Savior. (Crazy I know), until now, this very second have I gained a close and loving relationship with Christ. I know it took 30 years, I guess trial and tribulation does that to you. Having said that I am grateful for trials without it I would not have built up this relationship that I have been searching for and needed so badly.

ok Now lets move on to the more festive part of Christmas:

Hence the gazillion pictures.

This is the day the girls had their school performance. I decided it would be more convenient to take a picture before. Taking pictures of your kids at school is such a pain in the butt and I refuse to put myself threw such hardship:) I also want you to look close at the lovely tutu's Alyssa and Tatum are wearing. yep, I made those. I do have a teensy bit of Martha up my sleeve when I want to.
A random photo of Chan's first encounter with snow. He's not impressed. Don't blame him.

Christmas Eve. I decided to go the bribery route. I got so sick of threatening the whole Santa will not come if you don't knock it off that I told them that I would let them open a really fun gift from their grandma if they behaved and cleaned up their messes..It totally worked. Well of course. A cotton candy machine. Who wouldn't love that. I had it set out on display with Christmas eve dinner.


Brianna was quite the little cotton candy maker. I appreciated her cotton candy making skills. It was handy to have her keep these kiddos entertained.




Chan's first dip of the candy of cottoness.


Her best bundle yet. So as you can see we spent Christmas eve, eating and anticipating Santa's arrival. I had so much fun getting on the website NORAD Santa tracker and informing the girls where Santa was, as soon as he traveled his way over to the states they went straight to bed.





He came!


Jason's gift from the girls. They were so excited to give it to him.


Now this is fun. Santa left a box in my room. It had a note in it that sent the kids on a scavenger hunt throughout the house. The scavenger hunt ended with surprise tickets to Disneyland!!! Yep, it's true we are going back to Disneyland! We can't wait. And yes, my ears are still ringing from the loud squeals that came from their mouths. Thank you Santa. California here we come..soon!




Alyssa's Nintendo DSI, This is what she looks like whenever I go to check on her.



Channing and his firetruck that he loves!



Keetch and I got each other a blendtec. oh how I wuv it. It's our goal to include spinach in our diet as much as possible. This makes it easier, just add fruit and make smoothie. It makes amazing smoothies. It's been good for us. Jason also got me some ugg boots and I wuv them to death. I don't know how I have lived in Salt lake so long without them.




Keetch attempting to eat of the candy bar.



We had such a great Christmas dinner. Steak, crab legs, cheesy potatoes and corn, you can't go wrong.



The girls loved the crab legs.


And so did keetch



And this proves it.


For New Years. The girls were crazy lunatics. Brianna painted our eyes with glitter and we got silly. We made a new years eve cake stayed up til midnight and laughed til our tummy's ached.

I love it when my mom has the giggles. It's so contagious. We laughed and laughed the night away.


Keetch took me out on a New years date. This is our first date alone since Channing was born. Brianna babysat for us for the first time. oh how I love having older kids. It was so nice to spend time with my hubby..
Bring on the New year. I'm ready for it!

2 comments:

Sherami said...

I'm so glad you had such a fun Christmas! Looks like it was a blast!!!

Tara Hoppie said...

What a fun Christmas! ANd your New Year's Eve looks like a blast too. I am so glad your mom stayed up with you guys and giggled all night. Tell her I said hello, and that I think of her often. Love ya Tiff!