Sunday, July 20, 2008

Trip to Moab...WHAT A DISASTER!

We went to Moab on Saturday..Our girls were with their grandparents for a week and we met them there to retrive the children, we thought it would be fun to make a trip of it. We got a hotel and decided it would be a blast to take the girls swimming and then when it cooled down go on a hike to the Arches..It was so pretty there..I knew it was just going to be a perfect family fun day!!



We went swimming and had a grand ole time splashing each other and enjoying the cold water..it was so hot and so the swimming was just perfect!









Well we headed back to the hotel room to get suited up to go on a hike..We needed our tennis shoes and some water and we got ready for our hike. I could not wait..I always wanted to do this with my kids and they were finally old enough to go on hiking trips..SO WE WERE GOING!!



We get to hotel and there were a swarm of emotions going on..They were too tired..they were too hungry..they just wanted to lay down and relax..So I thought, ok we'll go to dinner and get our tummy's full and then go on our hike..So we go to dinner and we eat and get nice full tummy's..but still they were just too tired..So I went ahead and negotiated: If we go to bed now; we will get up AND THEN GO ON OUR HIKE OKAAY..Well that was agreed upon and we set the alarm to get up at 6 and be out the door by 7.



The kids surprisingly fell asleep right away which surprised me cause it takes them a while to calm down and fall asleep. By then I knew we were destined to go in the morning and I couldn't wait.



Here comes Midnight and all of the sudden I hear this spitting and crying; I jumped out of bed and looked for the light but for some reason couldn't get it on and I tripped and Alyssa was crying and Brianna was screaming and it was just a nightmare..I wake up and look over at the bed and this is what I saw:

(warning this picture is disgusting)


Alyssa puked all over Brianna and the bed!! That's Tatum to the right just sleeping away without a care in the world..so funny..And the worst part of it was Alyssa had a hotdog for dinner. I will never eat hotdogs again. I stick Brianna and Alyssa in the shower (they were half asleep so that was fun) So Keetch strips the bed and we move the girls over to the other bed and Keetch and I put a blanket over the puked on bed and sleep there..I smelt pukey hotdogs all night SO GROSS..She woke up about every 3 hours by the way and trew up..AWESOME..By the end of the night we were all sleeping on the floor..It get's to be 9'oclock and Alyssa jumps up out of bed with her afro puked up crusty hair and says, "I feel so much better mom." I was like, well good that's great..I couldn't tell you my enthusiasm! And then, oh, it gets better. Brianna goes mom, "I think either Alyssa peed or threw up right on my bum cause IT'S WET! So I said ok lets just get you in the shower I go into the bathroom to help her and her underwear and shorts were filled with the hershy squirts..if you know what I mean..She just looked up at me with an innocent smile and said..OOOOPS! Needless to say the only person I really felt bad for was the maid..So I made sure we left her a tip!!

LONG STORY SHORT..I am so glad to be home..And no we didn't go on our hike GOSH DANG IT!!!

4 comments:

Trish said...

Yikes! Yes - that is a disaster!!

Love your blog - thanks for e-mailing me so I could take a peek. I'll be back :)

Soccer Mom said...

Hi! I am Trish's little sister! And I think I grew up with Keetch! Tell him hello and I will keep checking back often! Check us out at boandnell.blogspot.com

Jess said...

Poor baby girl! I can only imagine the fun you had dealing with all that mess! Things never go the way we plan once we're moms do they?!

Anonymous said...

Gross. I think one of the grossest things about being a mom is having to clean up puke. Sorry about your night with sick kids. Luckily, they are worth it!