Friday, August 29, 2008

My friend at Walmart



The spotlight is on my friend that works at Walmart. Sadly she doesn't know that we are friends. In fact, I go through her line every time almost and she always forgets who I am. She talks to me as if she has never seen me in her life. But again, little does she know we are buds. I saw her today so I thought I would tell you all about her.

Anyway, the reason why I love to go through her line is because she is always so witty! and positive. I do not know any Walmart employee that likes their job more than she does. I also know so much about this girl because she tells me all about herself EVERY SINGLE TIME I go through her line. She is from New York, she was born and raised there so she has a very strong NY accent. (how she ended up in Salt Lake City I do not know perhaps she will tell me sometime and I will report it back to you) I know that she has 2 chiwawas, who she absolutely loves! They are her kids. She lives with her dad annnnd she really really enjoys eating at subway, they have a great subway club melt, she says!

Annnnd every time I go through her line she asks me how many kids I have.(I must buy a ton of kids stuff :) I tell her 3 and she says WOW you must have had those kids when you were 10! How old are you young lady?? I tell her my age and then she so sweetly lets me know that I had kids way too young and lectures me on how important it is for me to have a college education! This is coming from someone in her 40's that works at Walmart!..so funny and so cute.

I would like to thank my friend from Walmart who makes Walmart such an interesting and enjoyable experience! Heaven knows we need that when we go to miserable Walmart!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

funny blog! What a lady. I love that you keep having the same conversations over & over and just let it happen. That's hilarious. (and that you let her lecture you everytime.)

Jess said...

That is too much! You crack me up! I can imagine how awkward it would be to finally say, "Hey. I know. We talk every week." How fun! I have a similar situation at work. I have been having small talk with a lady in a suite two doors down and she knows everything about me and always says, " Hi Jessica. By Jessica." (One of those people who use your name in every sentence.) And a year and a half later...do I know her name? No. Can I even ask? No. A little too late... So it's kinda your situation...in reverse...and mixed up. : )

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful person you are. Thank you for letting me see the real you. It is the small things in life that matter. And you remember her. I think you are great. The Mom

Amy said...

That's cute. It is nice to have a nice cashier when you are there. It seems like every time I am there Izzy throws a tantrum. I must look like I'm about to pull out my hair. I'm glad that you find some enjoyment when you go there. Ha/ha!