Well the girls visit with their grandparents ended with a trip to the Grand Canyon. We decided while we were there we might as well stop by. I had never been to the North Rim only the South side and Keetch had never been at all so we were looking forward to our quick trip. It was beautiful obviously! I highly recommend going to the North side while visiting the Grand Canyon. Aside from having huge anxiety, I was so terrified I even had nightmares of one of the kids or myself falling down the Grand Canyon everyone was safe and once we got to the car my heart finally stopped pounding! Here are some pictures so enjoy.
Well Skittles drove us there safe and sound. She is the biggest dork of a dog that is literally where she wants to be when we go somewhere with her! Right on the steering wheel.
I know I know!! My hair looks awful, I look awful (forgot my hair straightener wind was blowing, you catch my drift) and keetch would like to make it known that he does have a left eye. I did however, want a family picture by the Grand Canyon, its just, I can't always promise how its going to turn out.
As much as I love this guy he loves to make me uncomfortable. One sudden move and goodbye Keetchy. I don't think I have ever taken a picture so fast in my life! It did turn out pretty cool even though I was shaking uncontrollably. He talked Brianna into doing it as well, you can imagine how bad I was freaking.
Even poor Skittles got put in Danger. If she could talk she would be saying, "This isn't funny guys."
We then ended our adventure with a picnic. note to self, don't ever take a picture of Keetch while he is eating food he is not afraid to show it.
Oh and lets not forget the shoulder rubbing rock. Whoever gets on it has to rub papa bears shoulders, he made that rule up himself.
We did spend a lot of time walking around and enjoying nature! I so loved it! There were cabins right up by the Grand Canyon and if I wasn't so afraid of falling down the darn thing I would love to stay a whole week!
Here is a video thought I would add it just for fun. It's kind of long sorry.
************
The girls had fun in good ole AZ.
Things they got to do:
*make a birdhouse they got to decorate it and all
*Went fishing twice, Brianna and Tatum both caught a fish.
*made a trip to Zion National park
*got to go to a magic show.
*visit their dad's grave (they hadn't been there since the funeral) so they got to see the head stone which had their names listed and they got to put flowers down.
* work out in the garden with grandpa
*play in the mud
* they caught 2 horny toads and 1 frog.
* Grandma gave them sewing lessons (they can sew better than I now)
* learned how to make strawberry pie, yummy.
* got to go to the petrified forest (did a 2 mile hike, you go girls)
* and got plenty of loves and hugs from their aunts and uncles and cousins and neighbors and friends:) So glad they got to spend time up there, till next year!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had so much fun! I have never been to the Grand Canyon. Typical for an AZ native! I hope to take my girls someday....when I suddenly get the guts! I would be freaking out as much or more than you! I am crazy. I loved the video too! They are soooo grown up! And Tatums little observation is adorable!
Post a Comment