Thursday, September 24, 2009

Let's Give This A Try

Don't be afraid this post took me about 4 days to put together its a big one but covers mostly everything:) ok, I have a lot of kids. I have been trying to put this post together for a good 2 weeks now and have failed every time. I don't have as much time to gawk at the computer like I used to, which is perfectly alright with me. I do need to squeeze in some time to tell "The Story". We will see if I succeed.

Can you believe your eyes. I cannot believe I carried that around with me for a good month. This is 2 days before delivery. They say black is slimming, pah! My poor hips and back and behind, boy that was tough, but I did somehow survive. And yes, there was just one baby inside of there. I weighed myself the other day and I have dropped 25 pounds in 2 weeks, so yes, I was carrying some major weight around with me!





And here is our sweet little boy. I can't tell you how glad I am that he is here. I went in on the 7th to be induced, yes, that was Labor day, I like to go around saying, haha I was in labor on labor..I'm hilariously funny, I know. It was Sue, Keetch and I in our little room and we pretty much just had a labor party. I know that sounds crazy but we had fun! I felt just 1 tough but bearable contraction. The nurse came in shortly after and asked how my pain was. I said, well I just felt a good contraction and she looked at me with the most serious look on her face and said, oh, so, are you in pain? Cause if you are IN PAIN I can get the anesthesiologist in here to get you your epidural, but you have to tell me that you are IN PAIN..so are you in pain? huh huh?? Sooo I went ahead and told her I was "in PAIN" and maybe 5 minutes later the anesthesiologist showed up for my epidural. 6 hours later and 1 good push and he was here. Don't ask me how I get my children here with 1 push, it's the only thing I'm really good at in my life. A couple hours later after our little bubby was all cleaned up and we were just in the room hanging out..Keetch told me that that was really cool and fun and asked if I was ready to do it again. He was dead serious! He is a crazy man.



He is now 2 weeks old and a few days. He's been a pretty easy baby aside from hating pictures and bath time. He is so soft, his skin feels like velvet and he loves to cuddle up to me. At his 2 week check up he did good..he gained weight like he should and grew an inch or two. He's just a healthy happy little boy.







I was so grateful for all the help I received from Jason's family. They have never hesitated to help me they are always there for us and we so appreciate it. I don't know what I would do without Krista. She is definitely the sister I never had and I'm so glad she is a part of my life.



He had lots of fun little visitors. Proud Grandpa Keetch.

Before I left for the hospital I was starting to have that Mommy guilt. I knew this would change the girls life, but I am so surprised to see how much they enjoy their brother..all of them. Which takes a lot of that guilt away..so I am grateful for that. I decided I would leave each of them a note in their bag so they could read it while I was gone. They loved them so much I decided I better keep record of them..so they know that I do really love them!

My Sweetheart Tatum,

It’s that time! We have been patiently awaiting the arrival of your sweet little brother! Are you so excited, or what?! I am on my way to the hospital to help bring him into this world. This will be the only sibling you will remember being born, the only sibling you will hold and the only sibling that will most likely NOT steal your clothes! How cool is that? I know you are beyond excited. This is going to be a big responsibility and I am going to need your help. Please help by showing your sisters love and kindness. Watch out for Alyssa and don’t be afraid to share a hug or a toy with her. Be patient and try not to outburst when things don’t go your way. (That’s a huge help). Show Grandma Sue and Krista what a kind, giving, sweetheart you really are. Thank you so much Tatum for your wisdom, your sweetness and the smile you put on my face on a daily basis. I am missing you so much right now and I can’t wait to be home with you girls. I love and cherish you Tatum. Have a good couple of days without me. I will miss you!

Love you forever,

Mom



My dearest Brianna,

Right about now I am on my way to the hospital to have your new baby brother. Boy, aren’t we all excited! This is a big deal! You are going to be the oldest sister to a tiny bundle of joy. That is a big responsibility and I am going to need your help. While I am gone I need you to be as helpful as you can to Krista, Grandma Sue, Tatum and Alyssa. Be kind and loving and your sweet bubbly self. Stay focused on your schoolwork although, I know that may be difficult, but please try. My prayers and thoughts are with you and I can’t wait to get home with our new addition. Please don’t hesitate to say a little prayer for me on my little journey. I know you are going to love your little brother so much and be the best big sister, helper, second mom you can be. Thank you so much for all you do to help me. For painting my nails, helping me with dinner, keeping your room tidy, trying hard in school and most of all watching over your sisters. Please know how much I love and cherish you. Have a good few days without me.

Love you with all my heart,

Mom







My Angel Alyssa,

You know it wasn’t too long ago that I was on my way to the hospital to have you. You have been the baby of the family for a good 5 years now, like I told you before you got here the fastest, so that makes you “The Fastest”. I am on my way to the hospital to have your little brother. I am so excited for you Alyssa, you finally get to be a BIG sister. I know, I know you are big but now you are older than someone, isn’t that the coolest! It’s a big responsibility to be a big sister and I’m going to need your help. You can help by showing as much love as possible to your sisters Brianna and Tatum. Be good at school, be a leader and a good example and do your best to be The Good One, ok. Impress Grandma Sue and Krista with your wittiness and your eagerness to do kind deeds. I am missing you like crazy right about now and I can’t wait to get home to you and give you a big hug. Will you help me hold the baby when I get home? I hope so. I love you so much it hurts Lyssy Lou. Be good, I will see you soon.


Love you bigger than the sky and mountains,

Mom




Baby is crying so tah tah for now.

3 comments:

Christensen Family said...

very nice post. He is cute and so are your girls I am sure they will spoil the little guy and always look our for him.

Jess said...

Those little letters are sooooo sweet. What a cute idea! If I ever get the nerve to do it again, I'm copying you. lol

Also, may I note that you are indeed a super mom in my book. One push!?!! Are you kidding!!! I'm so jealous!!! Again, if I do it again, your my inspiration. : )

rebecca mitchell said...

Oh goodness Tiff, I did not want to cry right now! How sweet are you and such a good mommy. I wish you were closer to me, I know that we would be such deep friends. I love your heart and am so thankful that God has blesed your life. kisses and hugs, becky