Wednesday, March 3, 2010

San Diego Zoo


The zoo..I know what you're thinking its just like any other zoo, but really this zoo is unique. The animals are frightening close to you. The only thing protecting you is a fence or a glass wall, but totally worth it.


Chan taking a snooze. He was so easy on this trip. He just slept and when he wasn't sleeping he was checking things out..Glad he could go along with us.


There was a baby elephant. He/she was born on valentines day. It was a little rascal. He kept slamming into his mama, he also kept trying to push her around, letting her know who was boss but not making much progress..she was clearly bigger than he/she. I wanted to steel the little thing it reminded me of dumbo. Good thing they stink or I would've snuch it out!





I am very aware we look like tourists, well we were tourists..we are just missing our fanny packs. But, hey I'm sporting the cool shades aren't I.


The Lions woooaaah..They were ridiculosuly close. but of course I couldn't keep my eyes off of them. We came just in time for feeding time. This lion was being fed, so we got upclose and personal and about 10 minutes later they fed them each a rabbits..ick..The people of PETA would not have enjoyed themselves





We met up with some friendly ducks.


And the Giraffes were pretty neat. We also saw apes and they were very close too.

Day 4

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Ok Ok I keep commenting...i think i need a vacation. I keep living through yours!! I bet it's tough to be home. I went to the San Diego Zoo but it was so long ago & I was too little so I don't remember it. I am not a huge fan of zoo's (kinda boring to me...I go for my kids) but this place looks AMAZING! Worth a trip for sure!

Al said...

What a fun trip! We LOVE San Diego. I think family trips, no matter how big or small, are important. Kids always remember them. Your little family is adorable as always!