Thursday, July 15, 2010

Yellowstone

We went on a little vacay which consisted of a stop in Malad, Island park, Yellowstone a quick drive through Jackson hole and it ended in Bear Lake! Can I just say I love the redneck way of life. It's so a part of me. Keetch and I were discussing that we enjoyed this trip better than our cali trip..so what does that tell you....we like to stick to our roots and the simple life of being a hick..no offense malad..just for the record I don't consider Malad people hicks..I'm just sayin' your way of life is the best, simple and sweet. So we ditched the hustle and bustle of the city and got Dir-tay and enjoyed every second of it. Here's some pics: bootiful..The drive took my breath away..zero kidding...there was not an ugly view, this is how your drive should be when you're stuck in the car with a bunch of annoying kids..;) These pictures are way out of order. oh well. when leaving Island park we stopped at big springs apparently there are ginormous fish here..we didn't see any..but we believe you. Again it was gorgeous. Keetch kept teasing me, every time he saw a cow he would say..oh, look at the buffalo..Well, smarty pants Tiff, with my awesome blond roots I believed him and I finally said, umm buffalo have more fur, right? Do they shed in the summer? Keetch laughed hysterical at me..NERD..ok, so I don't know the difference between a buffalo and a cow..so this is what a buffalo looks like apparently..shut up, okay, so, maybe I am only 50% hick.
this is big springs with all the amazingly big fish..hmm..again,..don't see them.
And another dumb blond moment we finally figured out this was a female elk and her baby..Keetch and I BOTH couldn't figure out what it was and finally someone standing next to us informed us that it was a female elk..Keetch started calling it an elkus..Haha..okee..
some mud pots..way weird and cool and interesting...
can you see their enthusiasm. We had been camping for 2 days (don't we look lovely) and pretty tired before coming to Yellowstone which is a good recipe for grouchy girls..We still made them enjoy themselves. When we finally got to old faithful I told Alyssa it was time to get out to see the giant geyser and she said, just take a picture of it for me..I'll stay here..party pooper.

And Old faithful..woohoo..it was pretty cool. I enjoyed it..even though we were cranky and tired and there were way too many people at Yellowstone it was still a good experience.

No comments: