Sunday, August 22, 2010

I Hate Running

I came to this realization when my alarm clock went off at 3:30 saturday morning. There was this instant reality that I was waking up at 3:30 in the freaking morning to run 13 freaking miles! What is wrong with me? Who does this for recreation? Well this is what I did. I ran my first and most likely my last half marathon. Every inch of my body is sore. I will say there was a great learning experience in this whole ordeal.

1. I learned that a woman in her 60's can outrun me
2. I can run 8 miles in one hour as long as it is a steep downhill, once I go uphill it takes me an hour and twenty two minutes to run 5 miles..
3. I yell at myself while running by saying, Tiff, you are going to finish this now quit your @#$@# and run!
4. It's obvious that I cuss while running because I am so miserable it makes me feel better. (refer to #4)
5. I listen to angry white boy music while running
7. Running uphill absolutely sucks.
And lastly. These people below me are such an inspiration..They basically sprinted the entire marathon which is extremely difficult to do so I am so very impressed with them.




Well I finished it took me 2 hrs and 22 minutes to complete my very first half marathon (but whos counting I was just really hoping I could even do it). I have never ran this far in my life time. nor do I have any plans of doing it again any time soon. So yep, this is all this post is about, me patting myself on the back.!
I did it.
Now I can cross this off my bucket list.

6 comments:

Al said...

Way to go!!!! That is an awesome accomplishment. Just think of how many people were sleeping and you were out doing it! Even if it took you 22 hrs to finish you still did it and that is the bottom line (your time was great by the way!). You should be so proud, I bet your family is super proud of you!
PS-I hate running too, basically anything that has to do with exercise. :)

Jess said...

Great job! Your an inspiration to a lazy person like me! I have always wanted to do that but never had the courage!!

Christensen Family said...

Great job.

Jonathan & Amber Burke said...

Tiff, Great job! I'm so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

You know your father wouldnt run out of his house if it was on fire. So I'm thinking this must be a phase.
Dad J.

The Davendorks said...

I will brag on your behalf...Tiff did so awesome! She only trained to 6 miles and while training had a foot injury to mend. Most people would have quit but not my Tiffy. You are one tough cookie! Let the racing begin.