
Since I was so busy with my mom, poor Alyssa found new ways to entertain herself. I felt like such a neglectful mom, but Alyssa is such a good sport and goes along for any ride!!
This morning when she woke up she came up stairs and instantly wanted some cereal (she doesn't have school on Mondays) So I felt very obligated to sit down and have breakfast with my Alyssa and do some catching up!!
I got up close to her face and said what kind of cereal would you like baby cakes. She then grabbed my cheeks and pulled my head close to her ears, and this is what she told me:
Alyssa: Mom, I just want to listen to your mind for a minute.
Me: oh ok
Alyssa: So be very quiet.
Me: ok
silence..I could hear crickets and a few cracks in the house..this went on for about 2 minutes. She then let go of my head and said:
Alyssa: I can't hear anyfing (anything). I don't think your mind works so well, cause I can't hear a fing (thing)
Mom: You are right Alyssa mommy's mind doesn't work so well at all.
So we have started off the morning with an insult..You never cease to humble me Alyssa.
4 comments:
Too funny! Some of the things kids come up with!!!
Great story, she's so funny!
I'm sorry I didn't come by to say goodbye to your mom, I was unaware that she was leaving already. Time flies. I hope she is doing better, Love ya.
Are you certain that either you or I didn't have twins? I could SWEAR Alyssa and Paige are sisters. I really could! The cute, sometimes hurtful things they come up with. You can't make this stuff up! So sweet.
Also, sounds awesome that you got to spend much needed time with your mom. It is good for you all I'm sure. Hope all is well for you guys!
I am glad your Mom made it home safe and sound. I'll miss her too. Alyssa is too cute.
Post a Comment